The last few weeks of school have been extremely stressful. I finally figured out that I have five classes of research papers to grade instead of just two. Totally sucks! It turns out that my senior class is also have to write papers of approximately the same length as by juniors. By the time they're done researching it is the end of April or early May. So instead of having spring break and several weeks to grade these papers, I have one or two weeks. Needless to say, I cannot be as thorough as I would like on these; however, I checked to make sure there is no plagiarism and it is not entirely quotes. Good enough for me and for credit
To add to the chaos I also had to do finals which includes an in class essay and a fill in the blank test. I suppose I could've made it easier on myself and have given it a multiple guess, I mean choice, test but I can never tell if they know the answer by using this. Add in Hastings on the weekends leaving little time for grading and you have a recipe for little sleep, little fun, and... and...not much else, except maybe cats, Aly's a year and a trip to California and ensuing choir concerts, graduation, visits from former students, great... did I mention sleep? It's a good thing the school year ended or I think there might have been a fatality or a loony bin involved.
Yes, I finally got some sleep and lots of it. Now all I have to do is clean my house.
(btw I've been practicing using the microphone speech recognition on this blog.. . Quite fun and it makes an interesting words. Sorry if there's any typos.)
3 comments:
That entry was done with speach recognition software? Pretty cool. But what does "Aly's a year" mean?
Glad to see that you've joined the rest of us at Blogger.
Sorry that your teaching career keeps you so busy that there is much time left to relax much. Hope you have some time for yourself this Memoial Day weekend. We might head down to the Sacramento Jazz Festival on Monday when seniors get for only $10. A good portion of the festival is held in Old Sacramento at the rivers edge, so there is plenty to do there if you get tired of listioning to the music.
There was no mention of Mike, how's he doing?
Congrats! So, why did you switch over? Peer pressure? :)
I can't believe how busy you were with school. Good use of the 80/20 rule (or at least 80/80 rule). FYI 80/20 means to get 80% of the way to the answer with 20% of the work to get to the answer. I was never good at this myself.
Also cool that you were using voice recognition software for that.
When do you go to CO? (visit I'm assuming, or is it for the summer?)
Post a Comment