Thursday, August 14, 2008

Finally, A few minutes...

I'm on the merry-go-round and I'm getting dizzy.

School is going fine so far. Class sizes are huge, but they seem to be minding so far. In fact, my bigger classes are some of my best. My smallest class is 25 and it goes up from there...32, 34, 38, 41...actually taking role in the largest is easy...they all show up! I just go...yup all the desks are filled and there are three without a desk so that equals 41. I only have a few that concern me, but they just seem to be "talkers", nothing that can't be trained within a few weeks since they also seem to want to participate. My only dread is the grading....

Working at Hastings on Saturday and Sunday mornings seems to be working fine. It keeps my sleeping schedule regular; however, if Mike's not working shortly, I might need to find something else to do (my library hours might not be as lucrative as they once were)

Additionally, Aly has taken up Cross Country, and I with her. We started running last week. She probably has the farthest to go to get into shape as she hasn't run long distances before, but she's sticking with it so far. I run with her and after walking periodically I try to get her running again. I'm trying not to hurt her too much on these workouts as she is really a beginning runner, but also I know she needs to run to stress her muscles to get better. A fine line indeed! She is going through spaghetti like crazy and hasn't had any soda all week. Yesterday we did about 2-1/2 miles (running an 800m on the track - two laps - then doing pushups and sit-ups) and she ran at least half of it. Did I also mention it was about over 100F? That heat really sucks the energy out of you! She did manage to complete one circuit (that was four laps: 800m + 10 pushups + 20 crunches). I keep telling her one day it shortly it will just kick in.

In between it all I've kept the house clean (yea!) and watched the Olympics...which is dangerous I might add. Turn it on at 8pm and then the next time I look at the clock and it is 1030 or 11pm! Ouch! It's so fun, though. I really want to go swim some laps after watching all the pool events...

2 comments:

Derende said...

"if Mike's not working shortly, I might need to find something else to do"

Oh I do not even know where to START with this, except to say GRRRRRRRRRRR. And I'll leave it at that.

I've been missing my pool workouts lately, but I'm happy to hear that they're not trying to do butterfly now. With all the Olympic swimming coverage I was worried they'd be even more fired up (as it is I've missed a month, I will drown if I try to keep up with them).

Good for you two with the running! Running never did agree with me, but it's great exercise. Just watch out for the joint pain, though - definitely don't want to push that!

Anonymous said...

Running in 100 degrees, your tuff girl. Fluids, fluids, fluids.

Bobbi's been doing the gym thing, even took a weight loss class. She lost inches off her waist and thighs along with pounds. She use to walk almost daily but she’s working a part time job now and doesn’t have the time, so it’s just the gym for now. She is going to start another weight loss clinic in a few weeks. We’re very proud of her.

I could use to lose a few, but at 185 lbs my doctor is not complaining . . . yet.

The Olympics is taking its toll on me too. With them on so late and my alarm going off at 4:15 am is causing me to sleep through my lunch period just to try to catch up. Of course throughout my life I’ve been a short sleeper, 5 – 6 hours is common for me. If I go to bed too early I’ll just wake up just that much earlier. If I wake up at 2 or 3 am I just can’t get back to sleep. Oh well, it my problem, right?

And finally, I won’t say anything about Mike not working, for it’s not my place too . . . I could . . . but I won’t!