(two blogs in the same day)
Aly had her birthday about two weeks ago. She got a few manga books from Toby and two large-Japanese based stuffed animals. From me, she got a few books on running (for her XC running), a flip dictionary, an astrology book and a mystery novel that takes place in Japan (it’s a series, woo-hoo). I made the comment that most of her gifts were books and this proves she's a geek. I got a playful smack in return, but it was so worth it.
For a cake, she eschewed the traditional cake for an Italian crème cake. It was almond flavored with chopped almonds on the top with just enough icing to make it good. We might have to do that one again.
This week we also put in an order for her announcements, cap and gown, etc. We ordered the smallest economy package that gave her a few options like a t-shirt and a tassel only because we can pay it off in 4 payments. We also ordered her class ring (which is part of her Christmas gift) again, choosing the affordable option and the payment plan. The down payment was affordable and I can pay most of it off in December with my bonus. We just won't be going out to dinner much this month, but I think these are more important than a restaurant anyways.
No comments:
Post a Comment